Choose between Popular Train Option or Shuttle Option
Train Tour Itinerary
13.5 Hours Itinerary from San Francisco
STARTS AT: The Ferry Building (San Francisco 5:15am)
Bus Ride to Emeryville Train Station (15 minutes)
Or meet in Emeryville Train Station at 5:30am
Amtrak Train Ride to Merced CA (2.5 Hours)
Shuttle Ride to Yosemite (1.5 Hours)
Bus Ride to Yosemite (1.5 Hours)
Arrive Yosemite National Park
Sightseeing Stops in Valley Floor:
- See: Half Dome
- El Capitan
- Bridal Veil Falls
- Sentinel Bridge
- Tunnel View
- Yosemite Falls
Extra Free Time in Valley Floor (1.5 hours )
Shuttle Ride back to Merced (1.5 hours)
Amtrak Train Ride to Emeryville (2.5 hours)
DROP OFF AT: San Francisco Area Hotels*: (9:00pm )
- Fisherman’s Wharf
- Financial District
- Union Square
* If they prefer, customers can also be dropped off at a Taxi stand to get to their hotel.
Amtrak Train Benefits:
Compared to buses, cars or planes, many trains are downright luxurious. The seats themselves tend to be comparable to airplane seats, but travelers don’t have to wear seat belts and are free to walk up and down the length of the train while it’s moving. Our Yosemite trains have restaurant cars with gourmet menus and waiter service; others have cafes that serve just basic snacks and drinks.
Amtrak provides free Wi-Fi on most trains. For families traveling with kids in strollers and for passengers who use wheelchairs or other assistive devices, trains are usually easier to navigate than buses and planes.
Train Tour Timing
- Start time: 5:15am Daily to catch 5:45am Amtrak Train. Tour meets at Ferry Building in SF or Emeryville Amtrak Station (your choice).
- End time: 9pm in SF (complimentary hotel drop-off included).
Train Tour Pricing
- Adults: $249
- Children (<12 years): $189
- All Sales Final within 72 hours of Departure.
- Additional Important Disclosure: If the Amtrak train is late more than 15 minutes, we will move/change your tour to the Shuttle Tour version with no partial refunds permitted due to high costs of operation. Our goal is to get you to Yosemite regardless.
- Both tours are limited to only 15 passengers therefore sellouts can occur weeks in advance – Reserve Early!
Choose between Popular Yosemite Train Tour or Yosemite Shuttle Tour
Visit Yosemite in 1 Day!
Comfortable Train or Shuttle Ride from San Francisco to Yosemite National Park.
Sightseeing Stops in Valley Floor. Extra Free Time in Yosemite!
Not Ready for Yosemite Tours from San Francisco? Want Redwood Trees?
See the oldest and tallest living things on Earth at the Muir Woods National Monument. Muir Woods is a great retreat from our airports, cars, taxis and the general stresses of life.